So, what’s your skin tone type? Are you cool or warm? We are often asked these questions like “What is my skin tone type?” regarding skin color type while splurging on foundations or shades. We all love to uncover more about our skin as much as we can when it comes to accentuating our makeup. In previous days, makeup was a piece of cake. Well, maybe not as simple, but less hassle-free than how it is today. The upside is the perfect, flawless makeup look. We purchase and apply so many cosmetic products without the correct knowledge of our skin tone, leading to unsatisfied results. Knowing your skin tone is essential if you want to apply makeup like a pro. It will indeed help you make the right choices when it comes to lipsticks, eye shadows, clothes, and even accessories.
There are a few steps that will help you determine your skin tone type and help you get the best products as suited to your skin.
We recommend that you go for Pilgrim White Lotus Day Cream. Built with SPF 50 is a moisturizer cum sunscreen that works on all skin types. It helps skin with hydration, nourishment, and provides protection from sun damage.
To apply makeup, you need to ask yourself “What type of skin tone do I have?”. Also, you need to make sure that your skin is completely free of makeup for a better evaluation of your true undertone. When examining your skin color type, use natural lighting as different lights will make your skin look different every time.
Step 1 – Finding out your undertones.
Before finding out the type of skin tone, you need to find out your skin’s undertones. Undertone is a term used for that ingenious color that lies underneath the skin. There are three types of undertones-
-> Warm: Yellow, golden or sallow skin
-> Cool: Pink or rosy complexion
-> Neutral: No obvious undertones, skin’s natural color is more visible
A few simple tests can help you find out the correct undertone of your skin.
- Veins – Checking the color of our veins is the easiest way to find out undertones.
– If your veins are green in color, it means you have warm undertones.
– If your veins appear bluish, it means you have cool undertones.
– If they’re a mix of green and blue, it means you have neutral undertones.
- White Paper Test – Hold a piece of white paper up to your face and see how your skin looks in contrast to the white paper. If your complexion looks dull, yellowish, or sallow, then you have a warm undertone. If your complexion looks pink and rosy, then you have a cool undertone. If grayish, then your undertone is neutral.
- Silver and Gold Jewelry – Silver jewels look best on people with cool undertones whereas those with warm undertones shine in gold. To determine which one suits best for you, keep silver and a gold chain next to each other, against your body and see which looks best.
- Color behind the ears – The color behind your ears also helps determine your undertone if you have rosacea, acne, or any other skin condition that might cover your skin tone. If this skin appears yellowish, then your skin tone is warm and your skin tone is cool if your skin is rosy or pink.
- Jawline- The skin near the jawline can help determine our complexion color. You are fair-skinned if your jaw is white, pale, or translucent. You tend to have freckles and your skin is sensitive to the sunburns easily. You may have a cool or warm undertone in this case.
– If your skin burns in the sun and your tan, then your skin is light. You may have either undertone.
– If you burn rarely but tan very easily, then you have a neutral skin tone or a warm undertone.
– If your skin is tan or olive all-year-round, then your complexion is tan. You have neutral undertones and you almost never get a sunburn.
Once you have determined your true skin tone, you can easily choose the right skincare ritual. You can also find out which cream and scrub suit you the best, according to your skin tone types.
If you follow a skincare routine daily, you will have a clearer and healthier-looking skin in no time. Also, it will increase your confidence and help you feel better about yourself. Here are some of the Pilgrim skincare rituals you should give a try:
- Pilgrim Jeju Sunrise ritual – It includes a face cleanser, a natural face mist and toner, and a day cream with SPF 50.
- Pilgrim Jeju Face ritual – This includes using a face wash, a day cream, and a face scrub.
- Pilgrim Jeju Dawn to Dusk ritual – This is a 24/7 skincare regime that involves using a face cleanser, a day cream, and a night serum.
Once you find the right skin tone type and skincare ritual, your makeup will be enhanced and the results would be quite natural-looking, rather than cakey or too much. Thus, determine your true skin tone to get a true sense of your natural coloring.
Sulfate Free Shampoo
Thoughtfully crafted with natures’ best, to bring you the most loving yet thorough care. White Lotus, Argan oil, and Camellia work together to soothe the scalp, strengthen the hair, repair the damaged strands and fights dandruff.