Oh, the glories of heat and humidity. Summer is already here and your skin is the first to bear the brunt of this season, leading to problems like heat rashes, blisters, skin sensitivity, sunburn, and suntan. Sensitive skin suffers the most during this season. The scorching heat in the summer season makes the sensitive skin cry out for more protection and extra skincare. So, this summer, why not opt for summer face packs? They provide an intensive burst of nourishing, leaving your skin radiant, hydrated, and glowing.
The Benefits Of Face Masks For Sensitive Skin
Including a face mask in your regular skincare routine can be exceptionally beneficial for your skin. Why? Because you cannot get facials done every week and these wondrous masks help unclog pores, ensure your skin is squeaky-clean, reduces any inflammation, hydrates it, brightens it, and boosts skin health, phew! Amazing, isn’t it? And, they are so easy to apply and use.
Top Benefits of using a face mask
- It is a must if you want your serums and lotions to be absorbed better by your skin.
- Removal of the mask can cause an expansion in the blood vessels in your skin, helping stimulate blood circulation.
- Helps unclog pores by eliminating dead skin cells.
- Helps remove impurities that are beneath the top layer of the epidermis, removing oil and dirt more effectively.
- Fights off radical damage and boosts the production of collagen.
- The water from the mask brings hydration to your skin.
- Last but not least, it helps you relax.
What To Look For In Face Masks For Sensitive Skin
The most important thing to look for while buying a face pack for sensitive skin is that it must be completely free from any harmful chemicals, including parabens, sulfates & mineral oils.
We recommend you to try the Pilgrim Volcanic Lava Ash Face Mask. This clay based face mask helps boost microcirculation and bring up nutrients right up to the skin from within. The unique formation of the mask will make your skin supple and smooth. It not only brightens your skin but also remineralizes your skin, preventing breakouts.
Why Choose Clay-Based Masks For Sensitive Skin?
Clay mask works best when it comes to revitalizing skin and unclogging pores, making it extremely beneficial in summer when skin can get greasy. Some of the other benefits of clay mask include:
- It makes your skin feel less oily.
- You might think clay leads to dryness, but on the contrary, the clay mask hydrates your skin and provides the required nourishment.
- Finally and most importantly, they provide a soothing and calming effect.
How To Apply A Face Mask
Follow these simple steps for ideal application-
- Step 1- Remove makeup
- Step 2- Apply cleanser to get rid of dirt and impurities
- Step 3- Apply a face mask and spread evenly on your face
- Step 4- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes
- Step 5- Rinse-off your mask using warm water
- Step 6- Apply moisturizer for that extra hydration.
Best Time To Use A Face Mask
The best part about face masks is that you can apply them anytime, anywhere. Most important is that you are taking time for yourself. Here are some of the best times to apply a face mask-
- Whenever you feel your skin feels greasy and dull
- Before any special event
- Post-beach time
- When you’re stressed
- Most importantly, to wind down the weekend.
Pro tip- Do not forget to light a candle and experience deep relaxation
Tips To Care For Your Sensitive Skin During Summers
Truth to be told, be it summer or winter, taking care of your sensitive skin is a time-consuming process and demands proper care. To fight your sensitive skin in summer, along with summer face packs, you should also keep an eye on some of your daily practices. Here are some tips to take care of your sensitive skin-
Cleansing is extremely important for all kinds of skin. For sensitive skin, you need a gentle cleanser but effective. Find a cleanser that suits your skin type without over-drying it, yet still, removes the build-up of pollutants and dirt. We recommend you to try the Pilgrim Volcanic Lava Ash Face Scrub with Yugdugu & White Lotus. It helps remove dead skin cells and impurities, giving your skin the much-needed glow.
Avoid Hot shower:
Hot shower might not be the ideal option for you if you are struggling with sensitive skin. The hot water strips away natural oils and damages the skin faster. So opt for cold or lukewarm water.
The importance of sunscreen can never be overstated. UVA and UVB rays are harmful to your sensitive skin. Not only the rays can cause skin rash and uneven tanning, but can also lead to premature aging, wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, etc. Investing in a good sunscreen is a must for everyone. Try Pilgrim White Lotus Day Cream SPF 50 with Camellia & Yugdugu. Built with SPF 50, the cream not only helps protect from the sun but also controls sebum and improves the elasticity of the skin.
White Lotus Day Cream SPF 50 with Camellia & Yugdugu
This superachiever of cream does all that you can ask for and more! The White Lotus hydrates, controls sebum and improves the elasticity of the skin. Yugdugu fights acne and Camellia replenishes the nutrients by penetrating deep in the layers of the skin.